9 September 2003

Greeting s from the Gimli public library!

Well I've been in Canada for almost a week now and I don't feel so tired now. Heather and I have been spending some time with her parents at Gimli here (Small town north of Winnipeg) It's been a wonderfull time for R&R and to get stuck into my sketchbook practice.
Speaking of Sketchbooks I was able to pick up 7 of my favourite sketchbooks that I get here in Canada (I've already started using one as my homemade one was nice to draw on but the ink didn't dry so fast leaving a lot of smudges)
I can't really say why these particular books are good. They just work well with my particullar tech pen. they seem to be, not to thick and not to thin, not to smooth and not too hard, and the quality of the paper is not super but not cheap either.
I know I'm a fussy bugger but you have to be when youre working with a fussy pen. I used to search for the right type of pen and I remember a girl at school said, "Youre crazy just use anything" At the time I didn't believe her, I thought she doesn't understand...But I eventually came to her way of thinking and I started using normal 'biro' pens, or anything I could find. But pens run out, or you lose them. So the benifit of the tech pen is that it has a consistent line and it's refilable. The cost of the pen makes you hold onto it extra tight too :)


Peyo, the creator of the 'Smurfs' hard at work

No comments: