1 August 2005

New sturf

Is it just me or does there seem to be a lull in comics at the moment. I don’t know, maybe my appetite has surpassed the actual available comics out there. Some one else said they noticed Minotaur hadn’t had any new stock for a while.
I love living in Ballarat I think the country life suits me in a way, but I also crave a life in a city. One where you can frequent comic and bookstores and keep abreast of things.
I have had some shifts in my work recently especially in my comics which has been refreshing, and I’ve also been playing around with the idea of papier mache after seeing a Mexican ‘day of the dead’ papier mache skull all a painted up in bright yellows and reds. Found this helpful resource:
http://www.papiermache.co.uk/
Got a ‘showing’ next week at a little coffee shop on Sturt St called the ‘Bean Barn’ so you’ll be able to view these prints I’ve been working on in person. Also the school art auction to raise money for our end of year exhibition is on Wednesday week.

1 comment:

Ian T. said...

Nah, it's not just you - I've been feeling similarly about comics lately, but they'll be back...