Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Fresh

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here's my interpretation for the word 'fresh' for illustration friday. I didn't think I could do it this week as I', busy with another art history essay and the lead up to Newcastle this weekend (TINA) Plus the word fresh didn't bring anything to mind really other than vegetables...
Click here to see my inspiration for this piece found by googling for images of laundry powder

I also thought I'd stretch myself and do this in Illustrator. I know how to use it sufficiently but seeing as how I'm more of a photoshop man, using illustrator is like writing with my left hand or backwards (Sometimes both) I can do it but it feels strange. Or I could relate it to trying to cook a meal in someone else kitchen, you know what you want but not where to find the ingredients and utensils...That's why I love a lot of the illustrator art out there, it looks as though they've cut it out of paper! or painted paper then cut it out. They must create their own swatches on photoshop then bring it over to illustrator, any one know? It drives me nuts trying to figure it out.

14 comments:

Anthony Woodward said...

I've been using safari to surf the net recently. But I've noticed funny things happening when I leave comments on blogs (They don't show up) It could be blogger though...
But this explains my lack of comments recently

The Sensualist said...

I can't see it, Anthony. I'm using Mozilla.

Anthony Woodward said...

Yeah I had some problems uploading this one for some resaon. Even though I copied and pasted into phtoshop and saved my usual way...How do people even up load illustrator pics?

Anonymous said...

It's blogger - problems for two days now. I can't see your image either :(

Anthony Woodward said...

Everytime I try and upload it in photobucket it wont work (it's a 72ppi jpeg 180kb as usual ) So I've uploaded it in blogger, which I can view from this computer. But if you say they've been having problems then maybe that explains it?

Anthony Woodward said...

Yeah i can see it on safari but not explorer. There something about this file that's causing the problem I think, damn you illustator..!

Anonymous said...

Can see it WOW smack fresh in the kisser!!! Where can I buy this stuff? Great idea Anthony - love the icon fresh man - very clever :)

Anthony Woodward said...

Wow, what an ordeal...I've never had that much trouble posting an image before. Glad you liked. I've been reading heaps about Warhol lately, I wanted to do my own kind of Brillo box :)

carla said...

I like this a lot! You combined all those positive aphorisms with the very accurately rendered detergent box! It's a great take on the topic, and i must say you did the Illustrator thing very well!

Anthony Woodward said...

I thought being done in illustrator, that it would be clearer. But that's just me being fussy! In print it would be clearer I guess :)
My take on fresh was the need to see things freshly everyday, as if we are experiencing things for the first time.

Anthony Woodward said...

I thought being done in illustrator, that it would be clearer. But that's just me being fussy! In print it would be clearer I guess :)
My take on fresh was the need to see things freshly everyday, as if we are experiencing things for the first time.

The Sensualist said...

I see it so clearly now, with colors so bright, that they are permenantly imprinted on my retina. You could really sell this.

Ian T. said...

Those vector artists seem like another species sometimes! On the basis of this picture, I reckon you're about ready for a job in advertising. What is that red thing at top left?

Anthony Woodward said...

The little red man is like a Buddha logo or meditating person, seeing how this is a mindfulness product.