Sunday, November 13, 2005

Art closings and comic gatherings

Friday night went well in Geelong. We had a few people there enjoying some cheap cask wine. There’ll hopefully be some digital photos to come. Every one got to take a piece of the exhibiton home when it was finished. Also finally got to meet Ive from iveagogo.blogspot fame. He took us out to the happening place in Geelong called the ‘Nash’. Pete, Marty and myself started to bogey on down in the room the DJ was playing. We must of danced for a good couple of hours, but it wasn’t hard to do with such a good DJ playing (Who was that guy?) I think we got back to Marty’s place around 4 am, I’m not really sure how my legs got me home as they were aching so much from dancing. The next morning I woke up with such a splitting headache! It wasn’t so much the usual hangover feeling, just like an axe in my head.
The on Saturday night Heather and I travelled out to Daylesford to visit Carol Butcher and Susan Wood A.K.A the ‘Pox girls’. The have this yearly get together/party that comics artists come together to swap books show sketchbooks etc. Got to meet some new people plus saw some familiar faces like Mandy Ord and Jo Waite
It a beautiful sunny day here in Ballarat. I often get this feeling on a Sunday in Ballarat that I want to do something but not really sure what. I’m sure most extreme sports were invented for this very reason…I need a hang gliding motor bike submarine to keep me entertained.

4 comments:

Non Stop Ive ! said...

That was a pretty great night, glad you had fun.
The DJ is Terry and yeah, he's awesome. He's the only DJ I know that you can hand a CD to and say "Play this track I just downloaded, you'll love it."
I walked into my fair share of walls on the way back and then spent saturday asleep.

Venessa said...

....oh my god...PETER WARDEN??? ...is that the peter warden that went to damascus college? if it is, tell him Venessa says hi. if it's not, ignore my crap. :) thank you

Anthony Woodward said...

Yes indeed. I share a studio space with mr Peter Warden here at the university of Ballatat...

Venessa said...

haha weird... yeah, tell him i said hi if you could, thanks :)