18 March 2006

Carl Beam

On a separate note I cam a cross a Canadian artist called Carl Beam whilst researching photocopy transfer methods. Something about his work amazes me. I really like his composition and also the idea behind his collage. Collage can often be too random and detached but Beam makes the images his own with out it being too obsessive. Sadly he passed away last year, hopefully I'll be able to dig up some more info about his life and work. Will post some images soon.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Images courtesty ofthis site

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Anong Beam, I'm Carl Beams Daughter, I found your site, and I'm really glad that someone is looking at his techniques, he was a real innovator in photo transfer, and emulsion techniques. anyway, I just wanted to say thanks.
Anong

Anthony Woodward said...

I would love to see more recognition for him in future, and I’m sure that will happen. As I say I really enjoy the sense of narrative that comes from his work, the repeated images and symbols, it’s really powerful. The work has really changed some of my perceptions and really inspired me :) Good to hear from you.