8 May 2006

Fat man and Bobbin


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Here's my IF for the week as you can see I'm still playing around with vectors to try and use the skills I have learned recently. One of the hardest things i find is trying to choose colours for gradients, which I'm sure is just due to the order you press buttons.



Don't really know where the idea for this came but thought it cruel to just draw a larger person so seeing how I'm a big fan of the 60's batman TV show, I combined the two images together. A friend has just told me that you can actually buy the series on DVD, I must own those DVD's!!
I remember back around '89 when the new batman movie was announced my brother and I were big into the TV series and we were so disappointed that Adam West was not cast in the lead as Batman, being young we figured he might not be able to swing from the chandeliers as he used to...

10 comments:

AnonyGhost said...

Hehhhehheeeee ....

Anthony Woodward said...

Is it just me or do other people have trouble getting their avatar file sizes down? I can never seem to get mine down past 55-60k...And 'I.F' is saying they need to only be 15k! That sounds impossible. Any one got any tips (bearing in mind that i am folling the 50x50 pixels @72 dpi rgb jpeg format) anyway if something is only 50x50 pixes it actually has no other DPI than 50x50

carla said...

Hmmm... I never even checked the file size when I did mine. I just made a 50 x 50 image @72dpi and saved it as a jpg. I had no trouble uploading it. Was yours rejected?

This is a hoot! For some reason it made me think of bizarro Superman - these are the plump doppelgangers for B & R. Funny!

HARDWAX said...

I was having the same problem using the jpeg optimizer-couldn't get in smaller than 50 or so. I went to the Image button in my software- which is paint shop pro9 and clicked on resize-thenput in pixel resize I needed- 50w by 50h pixels- got the new size, and voila it brought it down well below 15k.

This piece is fantastic, really LOL fun and beautiful artwork!

Anthony Woodward said...

I'm using photoshop so maybe that's why...any one have anytips for getting PS vatar files down low?m I must be doing soething wrong :(

Ian T. said...

Great spin on the topic, Anthony! I'm not touching this one! Did you see the article about Operation Funnybone in The Age today?

Jayster said...

Another fat ageing superhero. A great interpretation on the theme. Nice title too!

I'd love to find out if the 60's Batman series gets a DVD release, I'm sure my little boyus would love it as much as I did / do!

PS - check out the entry by Doodlevision, for more superhero tom-foolery!

Anthony Woodward said...

I noticed in photoshop feture i'd never used before in the file menu, 'save to web'. I tried this and I then turned it into a 7k gif so next time I'll be submitting a thumbnail ( I think my thumbnail will always be the same that way my IF friends can find my entry easier)

tiffinix said...

This is fabulous. Great idea - I love the font and the background as well. Hilarious! I love the expressions Bobbin looks ready to roll!

Anonymous said...

Can any1 remember the "Movie" "Fatman & Bobbin"??? I saw this when i was around 7 years old and for some reason it just stuck, so i was looking for it in the torrents, but no one seems to have for download!!!