13 June 2006

Day 13


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I’ve been really enjoying listening to Smog’s new album ‘A river aint too much to love’ It’s been one of those albums that I just cant stop listening to. One of my favourite songs is called in the pines which I just realised today is a song that goes way back

The chorus goes like this:

"In the pines, in the pines, where the sun never shines,
And you shiver when the cold wind blows.
In the pines, in the pines, where the sun never shines,
I’ll shiver when the cold winds blow."

2 comments:

T. S. Tennant said...

hey there. You have the "r. crumb handbook", don't you? On the CD that comes with it R. plays a cover of that song, "in the pines". Nirvana also did it on Unplugged in New York. Still, the best version I have heard is Leadbelly's. Although I admit that I haven't heard Smog's. Yeah, it's one of those songs that will be around for ever, no doubt...

Anthony Woodward said...

Hey good memory. I'll have to dig it out and give it anohter spin. I did listen to it once or twice. Probably a jazier version though.