22 February 2007

I’ve just spent a few days down at the beach on holidays before I start the teaching semester next week. I don’t know if it’s the impending doom of work looming but I can’t help but feeling like I need to retract from the web a little. I’ve been successful at sending more letters recently and I’ve even received a few in the mail and I can’t tell you how much I really enjoy that form of communication.

Another thing that’s bugging me is, I sent out a bunch of submissions and received three knock backs out of around 6 applications so far. I know I have to look on the bright side and there’s actually plenty of them at the moment, but I can’t help but feel the sting of these minor setbacks.
It’s coming up to nearly 10 years of drawing and making comics, but it’s only really the last few years that I feel as though I’ve really been starting to scratch the surface of what I can do. I have all these stories and characters in my head and I know I have it in me to make what I would consider to be excellent comics it’s just finding the space to let that come out that’s hard sometimes.
Anyway it’s late and I probably shouldn’t be indulging in this rant…

1 comment:

Lumpen said...

Hey. Are you coming to AGIdeas?