Photocopiers

I probably should be sleeping right now and not thinking about single colour photocopying…

I made the covers for scrambled 2,3,4 with a photocopier that could do single colour prints for the same price as B&W. I was getting them mostly for free anyway, but it did make for some interesting possibilities. . All good things must come to an end and so that copier died and got shipped off and replaced with a new copier that didn’t have the same function. Oh how I wish I had access to a service like that know. Years before all this my local copy store used to have single colour copying in green red blue and brown. I got to make a few posters with it and also one of my comic covers ('void if removed' to be exact) but the store later discontinued the service apparently due to the toner supplier running out. But that store made up excuses to suit itself most of the time so how true it was I don’t know.
Tim Danko told me about dinkums in Melbourne offering a single colour service (red, blue purple I think) which he used to beautiful effect in his comic/artist book ‘kiss memory’ (and I’m sure other elusive books that I’ll spend nights dreaming of one day owning) I’ve been there and checked it out and they do offer the service; it’s just every time I have an idea I realise the cost of going to Melbourne outweigh the benefit really.
A copy store guy once told me around two years ago that colour copiers with single colour options would become more normal in times to come. But who knows if the good old photocopier is being outdated by desktop printing and digital files in a paperless office anyway.

The granddaddy of all single colour photocopier myths must be the one I heard about the copier that used white toner. Yep that right you could print in white. Imagine the possibilities with that!?

What are your photocopier myths?

Comments

  1. hey Anthony,
    just wanting to let you know
    I have a blog
    mandyord.blogspot.com
    Finally, never thought it would happen!
    more soon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading...

Comments are always welcome. To subscribe via RSS, click here or sign up for my new publications' newsletter.

Popular Posts

Creating Screen tone effect in Photoshop

Tangency

Review of Sanford Prismacolour Non-photo blue pencils