Still life with woodpecker

I started questioning why I don’t read more. I mean I read comics, magazines, newspapers etc but when it comes to books, esp fiction, I don’t really read that much. I always shrugged this off and told myself that I don't really like fiction novels all that much. Then I think, on the other hand, I enjoy reading biographies and books on UFO’s for example.
I recently made a resolution to read more whether it be fiction or not. I think I’ve just been lazy in finding stuff I actually like and maybe my reading skills could be better (my daughter has read more novels than I did at her age...) so I picked out a Tom Robins novel sitting in my bookshelf which I had borrowed from a friend (Tom Robbins seems to be one author I can stand reading and enjoy his novels immensely) I got a few pages in but that’s it. I’m just finding I don’t have much time to read these days. But still it’s just another excuse I need to make the time. I’ll let you know how it goes…

Also comics on mobiles, bring it on!

Comments

  1. Do not feel alone. Face it, you have a new child now. New parents do not get to read. Even though my youngests are now two years old, whenever I pick up a book I cannot get past the first chapter. I have started several books and never read any of them. I settle for reading news and stuff on the Internet and an occasional comic. I know that once the kids get older I will be able to read again. Heck, my mother just retired and she is reading a lot now!http://

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading...

Comments are always welcome. To subscribe via RSS, click here or sign up for my new publications' newsletter.

Popular Posts

Creating Screen tone effect in Photoshop

Making an ePub (Part One)

Making an ePub in Apple pages (Part Two)