Jeff Smith

Thanks to comics aficionado Greg Gerrand for sending me this link to Jeff smith's process. You can view the full thing here. But it's the very first step that I'm interested in the most, that initial getting the ideas down part and as crazy as it sounds I especially like how he says Mechanical pencil on copy paper:

"Step 1. Bone script pages

Mechanical pencil on 8 1/2" X 11" copy paper
-
-
This first set of four pages comes from the script of a Bone story from later in the series. The sketches are loose and fast. They have to convey where the characters are in the panel and what they are feeling, so I can remember later when drawing the real pages. And since they are only meant to be seen by me, the scripts are often very rough."


More comic artist writing methods coming soon...

Comments

Thanks for reading...

Comments are always welcome. To subscribe via RSS, click here or sign up for my new publications' newsletter.

Popular Posts

Creating Screen tone effect in Photoshop

Making an ePub (Part One)

Tangency