4 March 2008

donation made!

So I have finally been able to make a donation to heifer.org This was due to my decision last year to put 10% of all sales from the November Art Project to a heifer donation. Due to two reasons I was delayed in doing so
1-I had just under the amount required for a decent donation
2-Moving overseas

I could do it now we are settled into our new place and I have recently sold a few more artworks; and also I feel like we have been lucky in so many ways moving here with relatives and friends making donations to us in either furniture, other items or just their time.

So I chose a flock of chicks, this from the heifer site:

Chicks: A Good Choice

A flock of chicks can help families from Cameroon to the Caribbean add nourishing, life-sustaining eggs to their inadequate diets.

The protein in just one egg is a nutritious gift for a hungry child. Protein-packed eggs from even a single chicken can make a life-saving difference.

Heifer helps many hungry families with a starter flock of 10 to 50 chicks. A good hen can lay up to 200 eggs a year - plenty to eat, share or sell.

Because chickens require little space and can thrive on readily available food scraps, families can make money from the birds without spending much. And chickens help control insects and fertilize gardens.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Awesome! Good for you!