9 July 2008

10 years ago


Click on comic to read it larger...

I got tagged to do this 10 years ago comic by Adam Fordthe rules are as follows:

Back to basics comic meme By Amber

Draw a ten panel comic about what you were doing ten years ago. Put pen straight to paper - no pencil, no computer, no planning, no starting again if you make a mistake. Simply draw, scan, publish. Tag some people who you'd like to see do the meme too. Oh and if you want to do it even if you haven't been tagged you are most welcome!

He also tagged Mandy Ord, you can see her comic here

I must admit I did this in two sittings (otherwise I would have not been able to do it) I first drew the panels and wrote in the text as I went (except the speech bubbles). The next day I went back and drew the images for the panels as well as the accompanying speech bubbles. Drawn in a fairly loose storyboard style with some sort of ball point pen on graph paper. I pained me not to be able to 'fix' a few words and lines outside borders here and there with white out.
I really didn't want to do a comic on this mixed up period of my life at first but I then figured it would make it all the more interesting.

I'd love it if people had questions or comments, I'd be happy to go into more details on the information presented here. My favorite question will get the original art!

6 comments:

Amber said...

Fantastic!

I'm really loving reading about what was going on in the lives of comicists back in 1998.

Hey, if you know anyone who might like to do the meme too you should tag them!

Mel said...

Antonio,
I love reading your comics and was actually more impressed by the story before I realised it was requested (in a way)! I think you should do more of the "history" kind of stuff - its memoir material! Keep it up bud!!!

David said...

In regards to the last panel. I think career wise you should be a teacher. I just get a feeling you would make a very good one.

Anthony Woodward said...

I was probably exaggerating for comic effect in that panel as i have a much clearer understanding of what i don't and do want to do. And yes I think teaching strangely enough has become my calling

adi said...

hey aw,
I also had apprehension about doing a comic about a rather dark perod of my life for the 10 years ago meme. but it is cathartic in a way? non?

it was also cool to see how well you draw without pencilling first... it is so easy to become dependent on it.
nice work.

Anthony Woodward said...

I used to draw all my journal comics without penciling first. I could have been neater with this one but I didn't want to take too much time on it, keeping in the spirit of it and also as not to distract me from my own projects ;)