13 August 2010

Posterous

I have been searching for a good image sharing website for over a year now, and I had all but given up after trying a few unsucessfully. I then stumbled upon the Actor Rain Wilson's (Dwight from 'the Office') posterous account.
One of the things that had put me off other sites like Tumblr is that I could not see how they were any different than what blogger offered. I was after quick posting options and other sharing features; and yes I know Tumblr might have these things but they either were not how I wanted them or not available on the browser I was using.

Where as posterous had easy emailing post features, an easy posting book marklet and also a subscriptions page much like LJ's friend page. You do not even have to go into a sign up process just send an email to post@posterous.com and you are good to go.

You can check out my posterous here, I am going to be using the site to post images from the web that I like as well as other comic related posts. I may even set up another one in future if need be for a group blog, I can see how just giving members an email address to post to is much more convenient than everyone remembering a new web address and login details.

No comments: