You can't copy skill


Thank you greatly to Pat Grant for posting some insights into his drawing process for a recent illustration gig.


I think it's really awesome when artists aren't afraid to share their process, tools and tips. It shows their confidence in their work and themselves. I have always tried to be extremely open with the materials I use and I answer in questions people have in regards to them. Can you imagine if musicians would not divulge what sort of instrument they used?

I often ask cartoonists what they use and I often get no reply. Perhaps it is because they are swamped with these types of questions and get sick of answering them I am not sure.
Perhaps I will have to do my own process post sometime in the near future. I feel I need to get some more solid work done before I really have anything to share.

Also, I have a link to my google Buzz if you are into that sort of thing. I find it cool to share things from my RSS feeds which in turn pop up in Buzz.

Comments

  1. Wow! Your a natural. Please visit, leave a comment and hopefully follow my blog:

    http://extraordinarygraphicdesigns.blogspot.com/

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think the old tools/process question is one that can really irk (some) cartoonists...I still ask, though--the nice ones won't mind telling!

    Great work by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading...

Comments are always welcome. To subscribe via RSS, click here or sign up for my new publications' newsletter.

Popular Posts

Creating Screen tone effect in Photoshop

Tangency

Review of Sanford Prismacolour Non-photo blue pencils