Missed day - 10th Oct

I missed a day around about the 10th. Realistically I had enough content to post something, but I wasn't feeling well this week with some sort of cold. When doing these challenges I think it is good to do your best even if you miss a day here or there.

My last two drawings in particular I was extremely happy with, 'One last swan dive' and 'skull boy'.
Something about drawing this way feels a bit more natural to me, that is to draw straight with ink using no pencil preparation. This is something I have always found  to produce drawings that I feel are more unique to me. It can be scary though, there is comfort in drawing in pencil first, and the results can be unpredictable. I think sometimes this comfort can make you lazy though, using ink only forces you to think about exactly what it is you want to draw, you can't just leave it until later to figure out. If I don't know how I'm going to approach a drawing then I find myself undertaking some preliminary drawings, which in turn further refines the quality of the image. This way I have practised the refinement of a drawing 4-5 times instead of just diving in with pencil and being close enough to not try again.

It is a bit too early to tell yet, but I think I might even abandon my pencil for good!

Comments

Thanks for reading...

Comments are always welcome. To subscribe via RSS, click here or sign up for my new publications' newsletter.

Popular Posts

Creating Screen tone effect in Photoshop

Making an ePub (Part One)

Making an ePub in Apple pages (Part Two)