Using Finder to compile PDFs (Updated)

I recently had a computer problem which caused me to have to erase and reinstall my entire computer's OS to fix the problem. I backed everything up (well most things) but lost some of the software, as I no longer had the download codes, and to be honest, I'm not sure where I even got them from in the first place. One of the pieces of software I relied heavily on, and lost, was Adobe Acrobat Pro.
I probably only used a tiny percentage of its functionality, as I only really used it to compile PDFs to take new books to the printer and create PDF ebooks. Now I didn't have it, I was starting to panic. How was I going to be able to continue printing digitally and electronically. There were a few online upload-type services and I also looked into open source and some of the cheaper options; I wasn't prepared to pay for Acrobat Pro officially, it costs somewhere between $300-400. Anyway, nothing really worked the way I expected, surely there's software out there, but I couldn't find it.



How to create a PDF collection for ebooks and print files using Finder on the Mac

  1. In a Finder window highlight/select all the files you wish to include (use the Shift key or Command key for multiple sections)
  2. Control Click (right-click), 'Quick Actions' - 'Create PDF'
  3. Et Voila!
Orginally from here, https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/mac-help/mchl21ac2368/mac

Note: I previously had a version of this that uses the Preview app, but it took more steps and didn't work as well.

Comments

Thanks for reading...

Comments are always welcome. To subscribe via RSS, click here or sign up for my new publications' newsletter.

Popular Posts

Creating Screen tone effect in Photoshop

Making an ePub (Part One)

Making an ePub in Apple pages (Part Two)