Good sketchbooks

Today I finally solved a mystery that has been plaguing me for a few years now…That is, how come I can sometimes get good sketchbooks from art stores and other times the exact same brand is crappy and unusable. Regular readers will know that over the years I have harped on about not being able to find a decent sketchbook. It’s been a continuing theme in many stories. Let me tell you how I may have figured it out.

First my friend Mel believed she had solved the mystery by telling me that the company ‘xpress graphx’ seels a premium variety of sketchbooks, which they do. I thought my problems were solved but when the local art store got in a batch of the ‘premium’ books in, unofrtunatly they were fairly ordinary books.

I went back to my original theory that the company must use whatever are the cheapest materials without any thought of consistency. I thought I'd just wait until a new batch of good books came in.

Then today I decided to actually phone the company . I described my dilemma to them and what the books I liked, looked like. They then told me that these books were there Australian made sketchbooks and that the bad ones were there cheaper made overseas variety. Hallelujah, a solution!

After years of trying to figure this out hopefully I will now be able to get the sketchbooks I like at will. Fingers crossed.

PS- the good ones have a nice hard card back and the paper is bright and a consistent smoothness (not too rough not to smooth) and for the record these are cheap books, more expensive sketchbooks are in no way any better.

Comments

Thanks for reading...

Comments are always welcome. To subscribe via RSS, click here or sign up for my new publications' newsletter.

Popular Posts

Creating Screen tone effect in Photoshop

Tangency

Review of Sanford Prismacolour Non-photo blue pencils