Robert Crumb is 70!

It was Robert Crumb's 70th birthday the other day so I drew this Melbourne street scene in a crumbesque drawing style. Like many cartoonists I started out being obsessed by Crumb's work and it showed a lot in my early work. I have tried to work away from this and I hope my style today is more my own than anyone else's. Although, it is hard not to look like crumb when you are doing black and white comics with cross hatching. Look closely enough Crumb's work and you can see Basil Wolverton, Thomas Nast, or E.C.Segar.

Comments

Thanks for reading...

Comments are always welcome. To subscribe via RSS, click here or sign up for my new publications' newsletter.

Popular Posts

Creating Screen tone effect in Photoshop

Making an ePub (Part One)

Making an ePub in Apple pages (Part Two)